As a Product Manager you are responsible for Communication (mainly) and Navigation Products and Services throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the strategic decisions based on market and competitor analyses, creating a roadmap to guide a product/ service from concept through design and into release.
To manage the product/ services throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the strategic decision based on market and competitor analyses, creating a roadmap to guide a product/ service from concept through design and into release, working closely with OEM sponsors, Sales, Procurement, R&D and Operations, to deliver winning
products and services.
You are based in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and report directly to the the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
- Creation and launch of products/services that meet customer needs.
- Stay up to date on product lifecycle, new product launches, updates, obsolescence
- & discontinuance.
- Translate product updates into business opportunities.
Maintain relationship with OEM’s and support the OEM sponsor(s) in negotiations with OEMs with following goals:
- Improved buying conditions.
- Expand territory terms (ideally, global agreements) and increase of purchases.
- Better supply chain conditions (ideally, central management of articles by RHG).
- Grow our service revenue. Identify, benchmark and propose new OEM
- representation opportunities.
- Liaising with OEMs for trainings of engineers. You are also staying on watch to identify new OEM representations, review and assess the opportunity to add them to our portfolio.
- Identify opportunities for improved strategic sourcing on product/services categories and liaise with Strategic Procurement to initiate and implement them.
- Stay up to date with regulations and translate them into business opportunities.
- Identify opportunities and support Marketing & Sales activities/ campaigns (product content, product updates, category management, regulations exhibitions, promos etc.)
- Support SC & MDM on product & pricing management and inform SC about product obsolescence.
- Maintain up to and accurate information about OEM, Category Management and Regulations.
Skills / Abilities
Conceptual and strategically strong
• Leadership skills to connect and lead cross functional teams
• Strong communication skills
• Affinity with data and data interpretation
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Result oriented
5+ years of experience in similar role
• Familiar with the maritime business
• Technical knowledge in the area of marine electronics, navigation and communication systems.
Master degree business administration (MBA) or Business Economics.
A challenging international working environment within maritime industry and a competitive Compensation and Benefit package.
Are you interested?
Do you have a proven track record as a Product Manager and are you ready for the next challenge? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs provided unsolicited by employment and placement agencies.