The purpose of your job is to convert commercial proposals into detailed technical proposals to be used in project implementation. Guiding the project team and project stakeholders in the technical execution of a project and supporting sales on complex proposals.
In your role you are responsible for technically supervising various projects in the field of design and engineering, for larger and more complex projects. Develops new procedures and processes or is a high level expert in a technological field.
You are reporting into the Head of Project Management or to the Project Manager and you are located in Marseille.
- Is responsible for technical design in line with the contract, budget, regulations, safety and quality requirements.
- Reviews orders, calculations and supplier quotations prior to engineering for risks, quality, feasibility and compliance with regulations, escalates and adjusts when necessary.
- Is contact person on technical and work process issues for all stakeholders during project execution.
- Participates in internal and external project meetings, advises on designs and working methods.
- Is responsible for preparing all designs and project documentation such as; functional designs, CAD designs, equipment lists, manuals, handover documentation and certificates.
- Ensures the timely presence of appropriate information, resources and materials such that the Field Engineers and external project participants are able to are able to carry out the project work (cost) efficiently.
- Is responsible for drafting the correct logistics processes in line with the working method in the contract and the customer.
- Is responsible for making interface agreements and scope freezes with all stakeholders and records those.
- Carries out quality checks and handovers. Monitors the agreed preconditions of the performed project activities.
- Informs the Project Manager on progress, issues and actions required to achieve the established KPIs in terms of time, budget, quality and safety.
- Is responsible for the distribution, version control and archiving of all project documentation.
- Records as-built information. Provides feedback to sales on project experiences with the purpose to improve the quality of our offering.
- Acts as a foreman on large projects when appropriate. Directs field engineers and acts as Radio Holland’s contact person on the project site.
- Supports sales with onsite surveys, advice and information during the preparation of complex offers. Reviews complex offers for feasibility and compliance with regulations.
- Supports the organization in introducing new products and services with reviews, testing and advice.
Skills / Abilities
- Is analytical and precise
- Works with a high sense of quality
- Strong communication skills
- Strong in problem solving and is solution-oriented
- Ability to research and work out (technical) issues independently
- Can convey technical problems to people with no technical background
- Team player
- Fluent in English verbal and in writing
- Excellent computer skills.
- Has an affinity for technology and automation.
- Has 5 years of experience with shipbuilding processes and the equipment we carry. Knows maritime regulations; can independently apply regulations here.
- Has an electrical/electronic background and experience in preparing CAD drawings.
A challenging international working environment within maritime industry and a competitive Compensation and Benefit package.
Do you have a proven track record as a Project Engineer and are you ready for the next challenge? Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com