The purpose of the job is to achieve business growth by putting together project quotations in line with customer requirements and our commercial goals.
You serve multiple customers together with the business development manager. You prepare trade and project quotations based on configurations and the Radio Holland portfolio.
In your role you report into the Head of Business Development (or Business Director) and you are located in Marseille.
- Together with the business development manager responsible for the entire commercial process at clients, up to the moment of handover to operational departments.
- Has regular contact with customers for the purpose of daily operation. Acts as an ambassador for Radio Holland.
- Receives requests from Business Development Managers, directly from the customer. Ensures that these requests are handled timely and correctly.
- Prepares commercial offers based on customer requirements, specifications and regulations in line with our commercial objectives.
- Prepares commercial calculations using price information from the ERP system, supplier quotations and internal guidelines.
- Cooperates with project employees on building realistic hourly project budgets.
- Publishes quotations to customers in collaboration with the business development manager, in line with the Radio Holland authorization matrix and internal guidelines.
- Records leads and commercial requests in the sales funnel and updates the status during the sales process.
- Contacts customers to follow up on quotations in collaboration with the business development manager.
- Ensures that orders are processed, transfers them correctly and completely so that operational departments are able to perform the work properly.
- Coordinates proposals with engineering when required.
- Acts within defined negotiation and pricing guidelines.
- Ensures that complaints are prevented, and disputes are resolved.
- Ensures all commercial activities are conducted following company procedures and in line with our business objectives on ethics, compliancy, quality, health, safety, and environment.
- Prepares quotations for configurations.
- Is familiar with regulations of class and flag state and can apply them in setting up configurations.
- Participates in trade shows and events.
- Is in contact with suppliers for complex proposals.
Skills / Abilities
- Masters relevant technical and business processes
- Develops additional technical, regulatory and product related knowledge by learning on the job
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Business intelligence
- Research & strategic analytical skills
- Team player
- Negotiation and Persuasion skills
- Project Management skills
3-5 years of working experience in similar job
A challenging international working environment within maritime industry and a competitive Compensation and Benefit package.
Do you have a proven track record as a Project Sales Engineer and are you ready for the next challenge? Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com