Service Technicians (Long Beach, CA)
Radio Holland is currently seeking applicants for Field Service Engineers to be based in the Long Beach area. This challenging position offers the opportunity to work as a Field Service Engineer on board vessels from deepsea, passenger and government segments, working on a wide range of marine equipment such as Radars, ECDIS, Autopilots, Terrestrial MF/HF and Satellite communication systems. If you are looking for a challenge, you are a good problem solver and you like a variety of work, these positions offer a unique and fulfilling carrier opportunity.
Radio Holland is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
Challenging job in a global environment
Radio Holland, headquartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands is the largest global marine electronics sales and service company. We are the premier specialist in satellite and radio communications, navigation, automation and observation systems for various maritime users in the shipping industry. For every conceivable electronic function on board, we offer innovative, efficient solutions by supplying, installing and integrating advanced and high-tech equipment. Next to this, we guarantee fast and efficient service through a worldwide network of branches and agents along the world’s major shipping routes.
As a field service engineer you will be expected to work under limited supervision, have strong problem solving skills, interpret schematics, use manufacturer’s manual’s and use your knowledge of electronic circuit theory to:
- Install, repair and maintain marine electronic radio and navigation systems.
- Inspect and test electronic equipment, components, and assemblies using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, and other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment;
- Perform radio inspections according to IMO and Class authorities.
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment, assemblies, and components following equipment manuals and schematics, and using soldering tools and other hand and power tools.
- Update manufacturers software.
- Complete company required service report and documentation.
- Provide ships staff with technical advice and support.
Candidates should have an associate’s degree or equivalent electronics training and experience acquired in deepsea shipping, US Navy or Coast Guard. Additionally, candidates should possess:
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application.
- Strong computer skills.
- Valid FCC General License with Radar Endorsement is preferred.
- GMDSS Radio Operator Maintainer License is preferred.
- Be physically fit, capable of lifting up to 50lbs, able to climb ladders and masts and capable of working at heights.
- Hold valid passport and driver’s license.
- Authorized to work in the USA.
Candidates must be dependable and willing to work a flexible schedule including overtime. Although most work will be carried out locally, candidates will occasionally be expected to travel within the United States and overseas.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Radio Holland USA Inc., is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
For more information or application contact Emily Alejandro (HR Manager).
See also our other job opportunities in the USA
Service Technicians (New York / New Jersey)
Radio Holland USA Inc., headquartered in Houston, is currently seeking applicants for Marine Electronic field service technicians to be based in the New York / New Jersey area.