For our office in Cape Town (South Africa) we are looking for a
Senior Service Engineer
The Senior Service Engineer’s primary roles is to carry out repairs, trouble shooting, installation, maintenance on navigation and communication (navcom) equipment on marine vessels (offshore) of various specifications and onshore locations of the customers of Radio Holland as assigned by the Service Coordination.
- Achieve the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction while conducting repairs, trouble shooting, installation, maintenance on navcom equipment (service jobs);
- Continuously learn new skills on repairing, trouble shooting, installing and maintaining navcom equipment, thus enhancing own levels of competences and those of Radio Holland.
- In charge of advising the Regional Service Manager on how and where to improve skills, competencies within the team and processes in general.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Represent Radio Holland in the best way possible regarding performance, attitude, safety, quality and customer service;
- Execute service jobs as assigned by the Service Coordinators;
- Assist Regional Service Manager – MEA in leading the Service team while upholding the highest levels of standards, integrity and profitability;
- Communicate regularly with the Ship agents / Vessel to ensure assigned service job attendance without fail;
- Prepare thoroughly for service jobs by coordinating with service coordination and logistics to collect appropriate equipment / spare parts required for the job;
- Document all services rendered and materials expended as per Radio Holland standards;
- Prepare the service report for each service job as per Radio Holland standards;
- Obtain further technical advice through research or by contacting Manufacturer for advice to Customer, when applicable, for follow up services in coordination with the Regional Service Manager – MEA;
- Identify and assist in training to enhance the levels of competences of the team.
- Recommend and create opportunities to learn new skills, both technical and soft, for self and team members;
- Adhere to policies, regulations, and standards relating to QHSE principles of Radio Holland and its customers including those at transient job sites;
- Analyze, along with Sr. Service Engineer and Regional Service Manager – MEA, concerns of customers and propose solution for the same;
- Attend team meetings to discuss performance, customer issues and other team related matters;
- Learn continuously on the job and during the technical trainings assigned. Constantly create opportunities to learn new skills, both technical and soft, for self;
- Maintain tools and machinery, used for the execution of service jobs, in a safe and proper manner;
- Support the team to generate more leads, resulting in more revenue for the company;
- Support Sales and Project teams
- Update Technical bulletin, service/installation manuals and important technical information
- Identify spares/accessories availability, forecast requirements to reduce probability of losing revenue and ensure a high First time Fix success meeting RH Group benchmarks
- Adheres to policies, regulations, and standards relating to QHSE principles of Radio Holland. Report incidents, accidents and near misses to QHSE Manager.
- Ensure 100% compliance with the export compliance guidelines of Radio Holland.
- Be professional, and positive with an attitude that demonstrates responsibility;
- Strong oral and written communication abilities in English;
- Demonstrates and applies strong problem-solving skills in day to day operations;
- Comprehend current and emerging technologies;
- Have good ‘people skills’ for building relationships with colleagues and customers;Ability to maintain composure under pressure;
- Decision making;
- IT savvy.
Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 year of field service experience or equivalent;
- Track record of having worked in a technology driven industry is a must;
- Exposure to working in medium to large sized teams preferred, but not a must;
- Exposure to the ship building (new built, retrofit), oil and gas (rigs, refineries), or navy-related industries preferred, but not a must.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ or a Diploma in electronic / electrical engineering.
- Diploma or certification in IT / Electrical / Electronics.
Do you want to apply or do you have some questions. Don’t hesitate to contact us!