The Credit Controller has two primary roles:
- Responsible for ensuring receipt of all outstanding payments due to Radio Holland Middle East from its customers.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records of all accounts receivables transactions.
- Coordinate credit and collection efforts of Radio Holland Middle East; ensure all payments that are due are collected in time;
- Maintain accurate records of accounts receivable transactions and receivables in accordance with Radio Holland’s internal control procedures.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Represent Radio Holland in the best way possible with regard to performance, attitude, safety, quality and customer service;
- Coordinate and control the accounts receivables operations of Radio Holland Middle East; use the company ERP tool appropriately;
- Manage debts and achieve collections within 30/60 days credit period; ensure write-offs are at a minimum;
- Proactively contact and meet customers to resolve active and potential disputes, both internal and external, to ensure payments are on time;
- Prepares statement of records and ageing reports and share them with the Management and with the relevant account holder in the sales and service teams;
- Create trend analyses of payment patterns of Radio Holland’s customers; use this information to create a strategy for collection activities;
- Ensure that all receivables transactions comply with Radio Holland’s procedures; inform all the relevant departments of Radio Holland Middle East of the company’s receivables procedures;
- Escalate outstanding issues with receivables, as and when necessary, with the relevant Department Manager and the Finance Director;
- Play a key role in developing and modifying the company’s receivables systems, procedures and policies;
- Support the Senior Accountant in preparing cash flow forecasts and periodic status reports;
- Support the Senior Accountant in the monthly closing of accounts;
- Adhere to policies, regulations, and standards relating to QHSE principles of Radio Holland.
Responsibility / Decision Making Authority:
- Collection of outstanding (employing proactive methods);
- Continuous improvement of own work practices.
- Using initiative, discretion, and judgment within established procedures guidelines and rules;
- Solid analytical and technical skills;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good working knowledge of a financial ERP package;
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheet application;
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities in English;
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in an operational finance / accounting role. Exposure to accounts receivables, preferred;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and IFRS standards.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on accounting or finance.