The Furuno BNWAS BR-500 monitors the watch officer’s presence through watch safety system functions. A watch officer is required to press the button on a Timer Reset Panel or to operate navigation equipment such as ECDIS, Radar, etc. at certain intervals, which can be set between 3 and 12 minutes.
When the officer fails to press the button within pre-set intervals, visual and audible alarms will be generated in the wheelhouse. If the officer doesn’t respond to the alarm, the BR-500 transfers the alarm to the Cabin Panels installed in other sections of the vessel in order to inform backup officers.
- Meets the IMO resolution MSC.128(75) for BNWAS
- Monitors the watch officer’s presence for maritime casualty avoidance
- Transfers the watch alarm to back-up officer
- Quick access push keys
- Notifies Back-Up Navigators when Track Control System has failed
- Outputs ALR sentence for VDR
- Optional Motion Detector and Flash Beacon available
- Set-up menu protected by password
- Easy to read