Using the Doppler principle, the DS-80 is a compact Speed Log device complying with IMO standards MSC.96 (72), A.824 (19), A.694 (17), IEC 61023 and other related standards. The Doppler Speed Log fully meets SOLAS carriage requirements for ships over 300GT.
- Speed and distance run indicated on a large, illuminated LCD display
- Compact display unit and transducer
- High accuracy, paired beam eliminating effect of pitching, and velocity correction for change of water temperature
- Easy speed correction at mile post run
- Speed output to ARPA, radar, ECDIS, AIS, VDR, GMDSS equipment, etc.
- Fits to the hull either directly or with a gate valve