The FAR-21×7 Series of X- and S-band radar is designed to meet the standards of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) below 10,000 GT.
The display unit employs a 19″ LCD that provides an effective picture diameter of larger than 250 mm. The SXGA monitor shows crisp radar images, which are presented in selectable colors with a day and night background for easy observation in all lighting conditions.
Target detection is enhanced by sophisticated signal processing techniques. Two guard zones can be set at required ranges in any sector. The movements of other ships are assessed by advanced target tracking software and alerted by CPA/TCPA data readouts. The FAR-21×7 Series can display AIS-equipped ships when connected with an AIS transponder/receiver.
The X-band radar antenna is available with 4, 6.5, or 8 feet radiator. The S-band radar is also available with an antenna radiator of 12 feet. The S-band radar assures target detection in adverse weather where an X-band is heavily affected by sea or rain clutter.
- Advanced signal processing for improved detection in rough
- LCD dislay providing crisp radar images
- Designed to comply with SOLAS carriage requirements for ships
below 10,000 GT
- Up to four radars can be interswitched in the network without
an extra device
- Automatic plotting/tracking of 100 targets manually or
- Low spurious magnetrons meeting ITU-R unwanted emission
- Displays 1000 AIS-equipped targets