The FAR-28×7 Series of X- and S-band, TR-up and -down radars are designed to meet the standards of the International
Maritime Organization (IMO) for all ships.
The display unit employs a 23.1″ LCD which provides
an effective picture diameter of larger than 340 mm. The high-
resolution UXGA, digital flat-panel display unit offers crisp and clear radar images through a DVI interface. The display
has selectable colors with a day and night background for easy observation in all lighting conditions.
Target detection is improved by sophisticated signal processing techniques featuring superb short-range detection. Two
guard zones are provided as automatic acquisition zones for ARPA (TT function). The FAR-28×7 Series can also display data
about AIS-equipped ships when connected with an AIS transponder. The radar antenna is available with 4, 6.5, or 8 feet
radiator. The S-band radar is available with the antenna radiator of 12 feet.
- Advanced signal processing for improved target detection
- High resolution UXGA LCD provides crisp radar images
- Complies with the exsisting IMO standards for all ships
- Low spurious magnetrons meeting ITU-R unwanted emission standards
- Up to four radars can be interswitched in the network without an extra device
- Automatic plotting/tracking of 100 targets manually of automatically acquired
- Displays 1000 AIS-equipped targets
- Easy operation by customizable function keys, trackball/wheel palm module and rotary controls
- Stylish streamlined design