The Simrad HS80A GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) compass is designed to provide reliable heading, ROT and position information to Autopilots and the MX Series of navigation and AIS transponder systems.
The HS80A GNSS compass is type-approved to the latest IMO regulations including RAIM (Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring). The HS80A delivers heading accuracy of better than 0.5° and provide sub-meter DGPS positioning accuracy. This level of accuracy is achieved in the HS80A from SBAS.
Ask Us for More Information?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!
- IMO Type-Approved as a primary positioning AND heading device when used with SIMRAD CDU
- Compatible with new MX610/MX612/GN70 CDU’s
- Enhanced heading and positioning performance with GLONASS
- Pitch, roll and heave as standard output
- Heading accuracy Heading updates 1-20 HzDGPS Position accuracy (no SA) < 1.0m
- GPS Position accuracy (no SA) < 3.0m
- Fast start-up times
- Integrated DGPS source including WAAS, EGNOS
- Provision for external RTCM SC104 corrections
- More satellites tracking means better geometry
- NMEA 2000 interface
Both the HS80A has two IMO compliance certifications which is a big advantage for Simrad customers. A separate IMO compliant antenna is not required as the compasses meet both navigation and heading function approvals.