Furuno BR 500 BNWAS (Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm System)
The Furuno BR 500 BNWAS monitors the watch officer’s presence through watch safety system functions. A watch officer is required to press the button on a Timer Reset Panel or to operate navigation equipment (i.e.: ECDIS, Radar, etc.) at certain preset intervals.
If the officer fails to press the button, operate connected equipment or trigger optional motion sensors within preset intervals, visual and audible alarms will be generated in the wheelhouse. If the officer doesn’t respond to the alarm, the BR500 transfers the alarm to the Cabin Panels installed in other sections of the vessel in order to inform backup officers of the watch officer’s incapacity.
- Meets the IMO resolution MSC.128(75) for Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm System (BNWAS)
- Monitors the watch officer’s presence for maritime casualty avoidance
- Transfers the watch alarm to the back-up officer, if the watch officer fails to respond to watch pre-warning or watch alarm
- Quick access push keys for Navigation Officer’s Calland Emergency Call
- Notifies Back-Up Navigators when TCS (Track Control System, option) has failed
- Outputs ALR sentence for VDR
- Optional Motion Detector and Flash Beacon available
- Set-up menu is protected by password
- Easy to read alphanumeric and graphic presentations
- Multilanguage available English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese and Korean
- BR500 Timer Reset Panel
- BR540 Cabin Alarm Panel
- BR550 Waterproof Timer Reset Panel
- BR560 Motion Detector
- BR570 Flash Beacon
Find Out More?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!