Jotron TRON AIS-SART Search and Rescue Transponder
The unique and innovative feature of the Jotron Tron AIS-SART is the combination of its physical size and technical capability. The housing of the Tron AIS SART is identical to Jotron’s Radar-SART, that has a total height of 251 mm and a weight of only 450g. Technically, the Tron AIS SART is based on the following principals: the unit is programmed from the manufacturer with a unique ID code and receives its position via an internal GPS antenna. This data is combined and transmitted using the international AIS channels (AIS A and AIS B) in the maritime VHF band.
Tron AIS-SART GMDSS search and rescue transmitter is wheel marked, in accordance with European Council Directive 96/98/EC with latest Commission Directive 2011/75/EU (7th amendment). Tron AIS-SART and Tron SART20 can both be used as “search and rescue locating devices” according to IMO SOLAS Amendment in Resolution MSC.256(84), giving the ship owner freedom to choose either product as required by SOLAS Chapter III, Regulation 2.2.
- Tron AIS-SART gives the exact location, with GPS precision
- Position update – every minute
- Unique AIS technology contribute to a more effective and less time-consuming SAR operation, due to superior position accuracy
- The AIS-SART is detected on both AIS class A and B and AIS receivers
- Small and compact design
- Jotron Tron AIS-SART uses the same accessories as the Tron SART20 (bulkhead bracket, pole, life-boat bracket and neoprene protection bag)
- 5 years warranty
Find Out More?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!