Furuno GP 170 GPS (Global Positioning System)
The Furuno GP 170 GPS is an ideal position sensor for radar, AIS, ECDIS, autopilot, echo sounder and other navigation and communications equipment. It’s completely new designed GPS chip and antenna unit deliver enhanced stability and precision in position fixing. This new Furuno GP 170 GPS meet the specific requirements for alerts and interconnection with Bridge Alert Management (BAM) in IMO MSC.302 (87).
The Furuno GP 170 GPS consists of an antenna and display unit. The display unit is a 5,7″ color LCD, offering optimum viewing around the clock. In order to improve position accuracy, WAAS and DGPS augmentation systems are available. Dual configuration, with a second system, provides a backup and/or remote operation to ensure system availability.
- Ideal position sensor for Radar, AIS, ECDIS, autopilot, echo sounder and other navigation and communications equipment
- Full compliance with IMO MSC. 112 (73) and IEC 61108-1: performance and testing standards for GPS receiver
- Enhanced stability and precision in positioning thanks to a highly sensitive antenna unit
- Augmentation to enhance precision by utilizing SBAS (Satellite-Based Augmentation System) and DGPS (an optional DGPS radio beacon receiver as well as GPA-021S antenna unit required)
- Fully complies with IMO MSC. 114 (73) and IEC 61108-4: performance and testing standards for DGPS radio beacon receiver
- 10 Hz position update rate (position updated every 0.1 second) making steady own ship position tracking possible
- USB port available on the front panel
- Wheelmark / IMO approved
- Dual configuration for back-up purpose to ensure system availability information about waypoints, route and other data set by the operators on the one unit can be shared with the other unit for functional back-up
- LAN interface available for efficient network integration into a bridge system, fully complying with IEC 61162-450, the new mandatory Ethernet communication standard
- 5.7″ color LCD (with 640 x 480 pixels) for data presentation
- Simplified menu operation
The operator can navigate through the menu tree either by pressing the cursor pad or pressing the corresponding numbers on the numeric keypad to the menu items
- Enhanced route planning/management function available
- Comprehensive range of voyage information to be incorporated in routes
- Streamlined route creation through combination with an external PC
- Sharing the active route information with ECDIS to supplement the ECDIS route monitoring capability
Find Out More?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!