AIS for Inland Shipping
The Furuno FA-170 Inland AIS (Automatic Identification System) transponder is designed to improve navigation safety by observing other AIS equipped vessels. The FA-170 (inland version) can provide you with a solution for open sea cruise and inland navigation. It complies with relevant international regulations and standards as well as international class requirements and inland AIS requirements.
The Furuno FA-170 Inland AIS can be interfaced with Radar and inland ECDIS, allowing AIS information to be displayed. For inland use, the FA-170 has the Blue Sign port.
Furuno FA-170 Inland AIS At a Glance:
- Class A AIS transponder
- Clear 4.3” color display
- Displays information about the AIS-equipped ships, as well as coastal stations and Aids to Navigations within VHF coverage
- Outputs AIS date to ECDIS, radar and other navigational equipment for collision avoidance support
- Sufficient output ports for dual configuration of ECDIS and radar system
- LAN interface available for efficient network integration into a bridge system
- Bridge Alert Management (BAM) ready
- Meets the specific requirements for alerts and interconnection with BAM as specified in IMO MSC.302 (87)
- Optional pilot plugs available
- Receives AIS-SART signals for assisting in streamlining SAR activities
Want to know more?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation, they are more than willing to assist.