SAAB R5 AIS
The Saab R5 AIS system is designed for SOLAS vessels and advanced applications such as Secure and Warship AIS. It fully utilizes the fifth-generation transponder technology, building on the success of the R4 AIS system, which is in operation aboard some 20,000 ships worldwide. The Saab R5 AIS system features cutting edge digital radio technology, resulting from more than five years’ research into software defined radios. Sharing radio technology with military grade systems, the R5 technology is a big leap forward into the future of AIS radios.
The highly versatile R5 platform will continue to evolve as new requirements are introduced and will remain at the forefront of AIS technology for many years to come. The Supreme version of the R5 technology provides the user with a flexible, future-proof product. The large color touch-screen display and multitude of interfaces make the system highly appropriate for integration into modern networked bridge solutions.
- 7″ ultra-bright high contrast color LCD
- Touch screen, keypad or USB keyboard control
- HOT-STAND-BY redundancy for dual system configurations
- Ethernet, RS-422 and USB interfaces
- Use USB memory for quick software upgrades, data logging and more
- Automatic, manual or remote dimming
- Pilot plug integrated in display
- Full AIS-SART support
- Text messaging
- VHF communication test function
- R4 Navigation Sensor Compatible
- Gimbal or flush mounting
Find Out More?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!