Sea Tel 9711 IMA VSAT
The Sea Tel 9711 system with 2.4m radical offset reflector is Cobham’s most efficient C-band or Ku-band marine stabilized antenna system and is available in 144″ or 168″ radome. The Sea Tel 9711 Ku-band system works with co polarized (co pol) or cross polarized (X pol) services which are also remotely selectable.
The C-band configuration of the 9711-antenna system operates on C-band A Pol, C-band B Pol or C-band linear all controlled from the DAC 2202. This eliminates the need for a technician to climb into the radome and manually change the feed. The switch over from one polarization to another can be accomplished in less than one minute.
Features and Benefits
- For C-band: circular/linear selectable feed allows automatic switch-over from circular to linear operation
- For Ku-band: operate on co pol or X pol satellites
- Fast switching time between networks: less than 1 minute
- Fully compatible with ABS protocol
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-167 specifications for shock and vibration
- Designed to meet Navy MIL-STD-901D Grade B shock standards and MIL-STD-461 EMI & RFI standards (including 200V/M).
- Fast satellite acquisition using built-in GPS antenna and proprietary algorithms
- High performance stabilization and satellite targeting, including inclined orbit satellites
- Available with air conditioner (optional)
The Sea Tel 9711 IMA VSAT system is fully compatible with Automatic Beam Switching (ABS) technologies. By combining multiple option files in a single modem, the user can make near seamless transitions from C-band circular A Pol to B Pol to C-band linear or from Ku-band co pol to cross pol.
The 9711 technology uses Generation 2 electronics in the pedestal control unit. This is the same reliable electronics used on XX09MK2 and XX10 series antenna systems, eliminating an external level cage, and combines the software-controlled motor driver assembly for better diagnostics and improved troubleshooting capabilities on all 3 axes.