The SAL R1a is an IMO type-approved speed log for measuring longitudinal speed through water (STW), based on proven Acoustic Correlation technology. The speed log is designed to meet requirements as specified by authorities and ship owners, with performance exceeding applicable IMO specifications. Its closed-ended installation is simple and cost-effective, with no need for a watertight compartment or piping above the waterline.
- High performance due to proven Acoustic Correlation technology
- Flexible calibration allows highly accurate readings throughout the speed range
- Easy set-up and calibration from the bridge display
- Easy to install with only a few mechanical parts, lightweight bottom arrangements, and transducer mounting from inside the hull
- Space saving with compact bottom arrangements
- Safe due to a rugged mechanical design and watertight cable
- Closed ended installation means no need for a watertight compartment or piping above the waterline
- Pressure tested and approved according to PN16 (24 bar, 240 m)
- Complies with IMO resolution A.824(19)
Find out more?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!