Skipper EML 224 Electromagnetic Speed Log
The SKIPPER EML 224 is a dual axis speed log, working on the electromagnetic principle. It is providing longitudinal and transversal ship speed relative to sea water. The EML 224 gives accurate navigation parameters, measured as they happen, and presented in a logical, user friendly way. Electromagnetic technology is considered a good low-end solution for speed log requirements. The dual axis system requires no calibration, once installed. The Skipper EML 224 measures the speed of the vessel through the water at all times and in any depth. The measurement is made on the surface of the hull and has no minimum depth.
The system includes a sensor mounted in a tank or Sea Valve. The display housing can be mounted anywhere on the bridge and a connection box can be placed wherever it is most convenient for connection. Not only does the EML 224 present the critical parameters on screen but can also be interfaced with bridge systems and repeaters. The EML 224 will also present water temperature.
- Speed through water in dual axis
- Water temperature
- Interfaces – NMEA 0183 and Pulse outputs
- Display – 10,4” LCD Color Graphic, with full night dimming
- Easy to use, user programmable displays, integrated menus
- Fully automated settings
- Easy setup and diagnostics
- Mounting options – Tank, Sea Valve for single or double bottom hull designs