Furuno FAR-15×8 Marine Radar: Legendary Furuno Radar solutions
The FAR-15×8 series radar has it all! Its compact and easy-to-use control unit includes individual knobs for gain/sea/rain clutter suppression, as well as a RotoKey and touch panel for simple, efficient operation. An optional trackball unit can also be connected.
Automatic Clutter Elimination (ACE)
Quickly adjust the Radar image with the push of a single button. With ACE activated, the system automatically adjusts clutter reduction filters and gain control according to sea and weather conditions selected by the user (calm/ rough sea/hard rain).
Target Analyzer and Fast Target Tracking
The Target Analyzer function of Furuno FAR-15×8 Marine Radar displays moving target, stationary targets, rain, sea surface and targets closing in on your vessel in different colors. You can immediately spot hazardous targets directly, simply by the color they are displayed in. Target Analyzer can increase safety as well as improve situational awareness.
After selecting a target, it only takes a few seconds for a speed and course vector to be displayed. With accurate tracking information, estimation of other vessels course and speed is made easier.
Two models and two displays
The FAR-15×8 series offers two different models, both can be supplied as a black box version.
- The FAR-1518/FAR-1518-BB is a 12kW X-band radar with the transmitter in the antenna unit.
- The FAR-1528/FAR-1528-BB is a 25kW X-band radar with the transmitter in the antenna unit.
- High performance Radar with Cat.2 (500-10,000GT) and Cat.3 (<500GT) support
- Accurately tracks other vessels with advanced Target Tracking (TT) function for collision avoidance
- Improved sea and rain clutter suppression function
- Improved user interface for simple and efficient operation
Find Out More?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!