Farsounder Argos Series Forward Looking Sonar
FarSounder’s Argos series of 3D Forward Looking Sonar systems provide real-time imagery of what’s beneath the waters ahead. The Argos Series of 3D Forward Looking Sonars has 3 distinct models. The Argos 350, Argos 500 and Argos 1000, each with varying degrees of range capabilities.
These systems give ships the security to safely navigate challenging waters by alerting users when objects are approaching. Navigators can detect in-water hazards, shallow bottoms, and a variety of moving underwater obstacles. The data is shown in a 3D display and overlaid on a nautical chart, and updates in less than 2 seconds. FarSounder’s Argos sonars are used by all types of vessels in oceans and seas around the globe.
- Intutive 3D Display: 3-dimensional image ahead of a vessel at navigationally significant ranges.
- Sonar Over Charts: We paint a clear picture by displaying forward looking sonar data on top of a nautical chart.
- Fixed Installation: Our installation design is suitable for vessels with or without a bulb on both refit and new builds
- Fixed Update Rate: Phased array technology enables FarSounder’s sonars to generate the entire 3D image with a single ping.
The Argos 350 is the newest model in the series and reliably detects underwater obstacles, shallows, and various “in-water” targets up to 350 meters. This model is the ideal solution for mid-sized vessels ranging from 18 – 40+ meters (60 – 130+ feet), including mid-sized yachts, research vessels, unmanned surface vessels, and others.
- More compact and lighter transducer
- Ability to detect objects in water column up to 350 meters ahead
- Operational speeds up to 18 knots
- Two installation types – easy fixed installation or hoist installation in 10-inch diameter sea chest
The Argos 500 reliably detects underwater obstacles, shallows, and various “in-water” targets up to 500 meters (¼ nautical mile) in front of the vessel at operational speeds up to 20 knots. This model is suitable for superyachts, research vessels, smaller cruise ships, and others.
The Argos 1000 is the most powerful in the series, reliably detects underwater obstacles, shallows, and various “in-water” targets up to 1000 meters (½ nautical mile) in front of the vessel at operating speeds up to 25 knots. This model is suitable for large vessels, including cruise ships, superyachts, research vessels, and others.
Ask Us for More Information?
Contact one of our specialists for more information or a quotation!